Thursday, September 23, 2021
No menu items!
Google search engine
HomeNewsAt the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu has...

At the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu has died from electrocution

At the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu has died from electrocution while cooking in his room.

The 24 year old HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student made contact with an exposed wire according to reports. He was reportedly operating an electric stove. The incident was said to have occurred on Tuesday evening, August 31.

Rector of the Polytechnic, Arch. Muhammad Sani Aliyu, told reporters in his office on Wednesday that the student was moved to the institution’s clinic, but when doctors and nurses realized his condition was severe, they rushed him to Sir Yahyah Memorial General Hospital in the metropolis, where he was declared dead.

“We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.

He, on the other hand, denied that the school had been shuttered by the administration, explaining that pupils who shared the hostel with the deceased just left out of respect for their late colleague.

Advertise with us: surgenig.com, Whatsapp: +2348110051054 or surgeniginfo@gmail.com

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments