Six Things You Should Know About Major General Farouk Yahaya, The Nigeria’s New Chief of Army Staff.
Major General Farouk Yahaya has been appointed as the new Chief of Army Staff of Nigeria by President Muhammadu Buhari. He was appointed on Thursday, May 27, 2021. His appointment comes after the former Chief of Army Staff, late General Ibrahim Attahiru perished in a fatal plane crash while traveling to Kaduna together with his entourage.
In case you don’t know anything about Nigeria’s new Chief of Army Staff, below are a few things Ghgossip has gathered about him.
1. Major General Farouk Yahaya is of Regular Course 37 of the Nigerian Defence Academy
2. He hails from Zamfara State.
3. Until his appointment, he was the Theatre Commander Operation Hadin Kai, formerly known as Operation Lafiya Dole in the Northeast.
4. Yahaya took over from Maj.-Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, who was redeployed to the Nigerian Army Resource Centre as Senior Research Fellow.
5. He was also formerly General Officer Commanding Officer of the 1 Division of the Nigerian Army.
6. Yahaya was also the Commander of 4 Brigade Headquarters of the Nigerian Army.